Open Forex trading account with Tallinex

Monday, September 26, 2011

Outsider music + Manifesto

Here I solemnly present you one of the finest examples of proto-psychobillie/rocabilly or however-you-may-call-it music. 

This music is simply awesome; as it is described on Amazon review: "Outsider musicians can be the product of damaged DNA, alien abduction, drug fry, demonic possession, or simply sheer obliviousness."



Ledge: THE LEGENDARY STARDUST COWBOY - Standing In A Trash Can



Wesley Willis-Rock'n' Roll McDonalds


Into Outer Space With Lucia Pamela
CD Arf! Arf! Records

One publisher and a reviewer puts it like this: "Sincerity and lack of self-awareness rarely earn musicians platinum status or a spot on MTV. Thankfully, for every manufactured boy band and lip-synching pin-up there are 10 "outsiders"--the earnest, often psychotic and not necessarily ingenious stars..."
(Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.)

These and many more songs are part of an album Songs in the Key of Z: The Curious Universe of Outsider Music. You can buy the book with CD here!


In the end I want to publish Roman's Manifesto:

"I refuse to follow the guidlines of conventional slick design and correct spelling. I will do everything I can so my blog does not become a part of one of these "lip-synching pin-ups". Following examples of the above geniuses (and true musicians), I will try to incorporate bad design, awful sound and video quality and misleading judgement, presented as philosophy with critical thinking, in my blog.

That is where true sincerity lies."


Amen

12 comments:

  1. Nice. now that culture has gone away from albums and favors the singles, as far as mainstream goes, it's good to hear support of real musicianship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buisness focuses arround stars and such. I would say the real musicians are those street musicians now, too bad there isn't many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to support independent works +followed, come check my blog out when you get the chance! http://mightyideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i find it easier to find unique 'real' music independantly opposed to the mainstream crap that keeps hurting my ears

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, this isn't half bad!

    Following, mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont take it too seriously please...
    I actually love mainstream

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! What a great video! Thanks for finding it and thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know...
    Ive been lazy here in UK...
    coming soon!

    ReplyDelete